Call for presentations
The fifth Brazilian Stata Conference will be held virtually on 3 December 2021.
Experience what happens when new and longtime Stata users from across all disciplines gather to discuss real-world applications of Stata. The conference language will be English because of the international nature of the meeting.
In the past, participants have traveled from across Brazil and the world to attend. The meeting provides Stata users with the opportunity to exchange ideas, experiences, and information on new applications of Stata. StataCorp representatives will be in attendance. The invited speakers this year are Edson Severnini (Carnegie Mellon University) and Jaqueline Oliveira (Rhodes College). We are also pleased to announce that Joerg Luedicke, Senior Social Scientist and Software Developer at StataCorp, will be presenting a one-hour presentation at this year's conference.
Does your research rely on Stata? Do you have insights that would enlighten colleagues in your field? Prepare your abstract for the 2021 Brazilian Stata Conference.
Presentation topics include but are not limited to
- community-contributed Stata programs,
- research or teaching case studies using Stata,
- discussion of data management issues, and
- surveys or critiques of Stata facilities in specific fields.
For examples of past presentations, view the proceedings page.
Submitting your presentation
Please submit your presentation to the scientific committee. Include your name, affiliation, and phone number.
- Abstracts should be up to 200 words long.
- Presentations should be presented in English.
- Presentations should last approximately 20 minutes (followed by a 10-minute discussion).
- If your presentation requires more time, please make that known.
The deadline for submissions is 20 October.
Ana de Holana Barbosa
IPEA e IBMEC-Rio
FEA/USP e GeFam