To install 64-bit Stata/MP for all users:
E:\SetupStata17.exe /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=core,StataMP64"
To install 64-bit Stata/BE for all users, and using the "C:\data" folder as the default
E:\SetupStata17.exe /s /v"/qn ADDLOCAL=core,StataBE64 USEPERSONALDIR=0"
To perform a silent uninstall from command line:
E:\SetupStata17.exe /s /x /v"/qn"
How to extract Stata 17.msi from SetupStata17.exe:
- Both /s and /v are lower case.
- Features for ADDLOCAL are case sensitive, "core" is correct and "Core" is incorrect.
- There must be no space between /v and the following double quote.
1. Create the folder stata17_install in the C: drive.
2. Launch cmd.exe as an Administrator.
3. Use cd to move into the folder where SetupStata17.exe is located.
SetupStata17.exe /s /x /b"C:\stata17_install" /v"/qn"
5. Stata 17.msi
will be in C:\stata17_install\
1. Run SetupStata17.exe once it is on a Windows machine.
2. Search for Stata 17.msi; it is usually in a sub-folder of the following location:
How can I install Stata 16 from the command line without GUI under Windows?