The 2018 Canadian Stata Conference takes place on July 27 at Simon Fraser University in the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue.
The Conference will provide Stata users the opportunity to exchange ideas, experiences, and information on new applications of the software. Everybody interested in using Stata—regardless of experience level—is welcome.
Call for presentations
Does your research rely on Stata? Do you have insights that would enlighten colleagues in your field? Prepare your abstract for the 2018 Canadian Stata Conference.
All users are encouraged to submit abstracts, from which a subset will be chosen for either a short (15 minutes) or a long (25 minutes) presentation (both to be followed by 5 minutes for questions). Any topic related to Stata or relevant to Stata users is appropriate, including the following:
- New community-contributed commands for model estimation, graphing, data management, results reporting, or other purposes
- New approaches for using Stata to manage or analyze data, for programming Stata or Mata, or for using Stata together with other software or frameworks
- Innovative uses or evaluations of existing Stata commands
- New analytic methods of particular relevance to Stata users
- Case studies of using Stata for specific applications or in specific disciplines or settings
- Methods and resources for teaching statistics with Stata or for teaching the use of Stata
- Comparisons of Stata with other software, including transitioning from another software to Stata
For examples of past presentations, view the proceedings page.
Submitting your presentation
If you would like to discuss an idea for a presentation or have questions about the program format, please contact a member of the scientific committee. Presentations longer than 25 minutes will be considered at the discretion of the committee.
Please submit an abstract of no more than 200 words (ASCII text, no math symbols) using the web submission form. All abstracts must be received by April 30, 2018. Please include a short, informative title, and indicate whether you wish to be considered for a short (15-minute) or long (25-minute) presentation. In addition, if your presentation has multiple authors, please identify the presenter, for whom the conference registration fee will be waived.
Presenters will be asked to provide the organizers with electronic materials (a copy of the presentation and any programs or datasets, where applicable) so that the materials can be posted on the StataCorp website and in the Stata Users Group RePEc archive.
Registration and accomodations
|UGM Dinner (optional)||TBA|
Information on accommodations is coming soon.
Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue
Simon Fraser University
Asia Pacific Hall
580 W. Hastings St.
Vancouver, BC V6B 5K3