The 2018 Canadian Stata Conference takes place on July 27 at Simon Fraser University in the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue.
The Conference will provide Stata users the opportunity to exchange ideas, experiences, and information on new applications of the software. Representatives from StataCorp—Jeff Pitblado, Executive Director of Statistical Software; Bill Rising, Director of Educational Services; and Yulia Marchenko, Executive Director of Statistics—will attend, and there will be the usual "Wishes and grumbles" session, at which you may air your thoughts to Stata developers. Everybody interested in using Stata—regardless of experience level—is welcome.
Presentation topics may include the following
- New community-contributed commands for model estimation, graphing, data management, results reporting, or other purposes
- New approaches for using Stata to manage or analyze data, for programming Stata or Mata, or for using Stata together with other software or frameworks
- Innovative uses or evaluations of existing Stata commands
- New analytic methods of particular relevance to Stata users
- Case studies of using Stata for specific applications or in specific disciplines or settings
- Methods and resources for teaching statistics with Stata or for teaching the use of Stata
- Comparisons of Stata with other software, including transitioning from another software to Stata
For examples of past presentations, view the proceedings page.
The deadline for submissions was April 30, 2018.
The final program will be posted at the end of May.