Purchase terms and FAQs
All purchases of perpetual and term licenses of Stata software are made conditional on
the acceptance of the
End-User License Agreement. This Agreement is between the Customer and StataCorp LP, solely.
- What are the maintenance agreement terms and conditions?
- Which types of licenses are available?
- Do I need to purchase a single-user license for each of my machines?
|You may install your single-user license on up to three of your
personal machines, as long as you are the sole user. If you are
replacing a machine, you should uninstall Stata from the old machine
before installing your license on your new machine.
- How can I receive a quote?
- How do I place an order?
- Is Stata available on the GSA Schedule?
- Which payment methods do you accept?
| Credit/debit card:
American Express, Diners, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, Visa
|| Must be payable in USD and drawn on US bank
| Wire transfer:
|| Contact StataCorp LP for instructions
- When will my order be processed?
|Orders are processed Monday–Friday from 8:00 a.m.– 5:00
p.m. Central Time. Orders are processed in the order they are
received and are processed either the day they are received or the
next business day.
- When will my order ship?
- How will my order be delivered?
|Software is delivered electronically for customers located in one of
these countries. Download instructions
and license information are sent after the order is processed, typically
within one day of order receipt.
|We are required to send a physical package to customers located in all other countries.
|Physical software, bookstore, or gift shop orders received before 4:00 PM Central Time
will ship via FedEx or UPS the same business day. View complete
- When will I receive my license information?
|License information and download instructions for electronic delivery
orders are sent via email after orders have been verified and
processed, typically within one day of order receipt.
|License information for shipping orders will be included with the package.
|If your order has been processed and you did not receive your license
information, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Please provide your order number when contacting StataCorp.
- I placed a download order. When will I receive my order?
- Who should I contact with questions regarding an order I placed?
- I lost my invoice. How do I get another copy?
|You may request a copy of your invoice by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Please include your order number, purchase order number, name order
was placed under, or the billing email address for the order. This
information will help us process your request as promptly as possible.
- Does StataCorp charge sales tax?
- What is StataCorp's return/refund policy?
- What are the payment terms for purchases made through a dealer authorized reseller, or distributor?
- Why am I getting an error message (the web page is unavailable or the page cannot be opened) when I try to checkout?
| To ensure a secure shopping experience, our website requires users run
the most up-to-date version of their web browser. Please ensure you are
using the most current version of your browser, or you may try using a
different browser altogether.
- What training options do you offer?
- Is on-site training an option for me?
|On-site training is designed for groups of five or more individuals
interested in in-depth Stata training at your location. For more
information, please visit our on-site training page.
|For fewer than five participants, you may be interested in exploring our
NetCourse or public training options.
- What is the difference between the NetCourse and public training options?
Convenient web-based courses for learning Stata. Available in a
standard scheduled format or
on demand. For more information
on our NetCourses, please visit our NetCourse FAQs.
One- or two-day courses led by StataCorp experts. Ideal for
researchers and individuals that want to learn or have a deeper
understanding of Stata. For more information on our public trainings,
please visit our public training FAQs.
- What is the difference between NetCourse and NetCourseNow?
|NetCourses are web-based training courses on using Stata; they vary in
length from six to seven weeks and follow a pre-determined course
schedule. Stata 14 is recommended for this option. For more
information, please visit our NetCourse FAQs.
|NetCourseNow courses provide the same information as the standard
NetCourse, but they are available on demand and course length and
dates depend on indvidual progress. You set your own pace! Stata 14 or
Stata 13 may be used for this option. For more information, please
visit our NCNow FAQs.
- Do you offer student pricing for training?
|We do not offer academic or student discounts for training course enrollments.
- Do you offer discounts for group training?
Discounts are available for enrollments of five or more participants
in the same course.
Discounts are available for enrollments of two or more participants in
the same course.
We offer a 15% discount for group enrollments of three or more
participants in the same course session.
|When ordering online, your shopping cart will reflect the appropriate
discount depending on the quantities selected for each course. For
more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Do your training options include a copy of Stata?
|Our training options do not include a copy of Stata. However, for
public training options, we do provide computers with Stata installed
for use during the course. For NetCourse options, participants are
required to have their own valid copy of Stata 13 or Stata 14.
- Do I need Stata to register for your training?
A valid copy of Stata 13 or Stata 14 is required for enrollment in our
NetCourseNow and NetCourse options. If you require pricing for Stata,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stata public training is designed to be interactive, so we provide
computers with Stata installed at all sessions for use in the course.
- What is the cancellation policy for training options?
|Registrants who cancel between 8–14 days prior to the first day of
the course are subject to a service charge of 30% of the course fee.
Registrants who cancel 7 days or fewer prior to the first day of the
course are subject to a service charge of 50% of the course fee.
|Full transfer and cancellation policy.