Re: st: the use of foreach command in Stata

From   Rosie Chen <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: the use of foreach command in Stata
Date   Thu, 15 Mar 2012 08:51:13 -0700 (PDT)

Nick. It worked well. Thank you. I wonder where Stata has saved all the histogram graphs and how can I track them. If I did not use the "more" command, Stata only showed the last graph to me. I couldn't find any hint from Stata manual.

----- Original Message -----
From: Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: st: the use of foreach command in Stata

I already answered this; see

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2012-03/msg00544.html

Once again: My answer implied combining code, like this

foreach var of varlist lp* {
    histogram `var',  by(AID4, col(1))
    graph save histogram`var'
}

To see a slide show, not a movie, do this [new this posting]

foreach var of varlist lp* {
    histogram `var',  by(AID4, col(1))
    more
    graph save histogram`var'
}

Incidentally, the Statalist archive shows that you started this thread
by replying to a previous thread. See here to see that you should not
do that:

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#toask

Specifically, please note the last sentence.

Nick

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM, Rosie Chen <[email protected]> wrote:

> Nick, sorry that I didn't see your response to Till earlier. If using `var' instead of lname is ok, then I guess my question is:  how can I save all the histogram graphs and track back all the graphs? Stata only showed the last graph to me. Thank you,

*
*  For searches and help try:
*  http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?searchhttp://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faqhttp://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/