Re: st: First stage F stats - xtivreg

From   Agnese Romiti <romitiagnese@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: First stage F stats - xtivreg
Date   Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:19:49 +0200

Austin,

I'm afraid I can't just control for individual fixed effects (ivreg2)
because the dummies are too many and the system doesn't allow me even
to create them, also increasing the maximum var.

However - before showing the comparison between the three clusters-
there is something in the ivreg2 run on within transformed which
worries me because I would expect that the results obtained by using
ivreg2 on the transformed data (and excluding the constant) should be
exaclty equivalent to the one found by using xtivreg2 on the original
data. I've checked with a very simple specification, with no
clustering, but the coeffcients are different between the two
specifications. Is this expected?

I've summed the results up from using cluster by individuals (using
xtivreg2) , cluster by Region and individual (using xtivreg2). I've
run the cluster by Region and the cluster by Region*year  using ivreg2
on the (manually) within transformed data due to the above mentioned
problem with xtivreg2 and the cluster unit.

As for the comparison of First stage statistics and SE on the main
variable obtained from the 3 types of clustering:

-clustering by individuals gives and F (Kleibergen-Paap) of  849  and
the SE for the main variable (the one aggregated at region-year) is
0.09.
-clustering  by individuals and Region gives and F (Kleibergen-Paap)
of  207.49 and the SE for the main variable (the one aggregated at
regione year) is around 0.15.
-clustering by Region*year  gives and F (Kleibergen-Paap) of 576  and
the SE for the main variable (the one aggregated at regione year) is
0.06.
-clustering by Regions gives and F (Kleibergen-Paap) of  308.19  and
the SE for the main variable (the one aggregated at region-year) is
0.13.

Apologise for the clutter.

Many thanks