Re: st: First stage F stats - xtivreg

Subject   Re: st: First stage F stats - xtivreg
Date   Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:42:05 -0400

Agnese Romiti <[email protected]>:
You are right about -xtivreg2- refusing to participate, so you could
simply include dummies for every fixed effect in -ivreg2-, e.g.

webuse nhanes2, clear
xtivreg2 hlthstat (iron=lead), fe i(houssiz) cluster(houssiz)
xtivreg2 hlthstat (iron=lead), fe i(houssiz) cluster(location sampl)
qui ta houssiz, gen(d_)
ivreg2 hlthstat (iron=lead) d_*, fwl(d_*) cluster(location sampl)

Or you could cluster by initial region instead, e.g.

bys i (t): g initregion=region[1]

which involves different assumptions, but will also give you evidence
of how the data seem to be clustered.