Re: st: First stage F stats - xtivreg

From   Agnese Romiti <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: First stage F stats - xtivreg
Date   Tue, 21 Jun 2011 19:06:07 +0200

Dear Austin,

When I used as cluster unit region-year or also only region I had to
run ivreg2 on the data that I have previously transformed in deviation
to the mean (within trasformation) because the xtivreg2 requires that
no panel overlaps more than one cluster. So panels should be uniquely
assigned to clusters.
 I tried to run instead xtivreg2 with two clusters as you suggested
but I received an error message  "cluster():  too many variables
specified", apparently  because I don't have the latest version of the
commands. I have just done an update all and my stata seems to be
updated to 30March 2011 (exe and ado), and to 1Sept 2010 , the
utilities. Is there a reason whereby  I still get the error?

Thanks
Agnese