st: First stage F stats - xtivreg

From   Agnese Romiti <>
Subject   st: First stage F stats - xtivreg
Date   Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:49:59 +0200

Dear Statalist users,

I'm running a fixed effect model with IV (xtivreg2) , my dependent
variable is a measure of labor supply at the individual level (working
hours). Whereas I have an endogenous variable with variation only at
regional-year level.
My question is about the First stage statistics, the Weak
identification test results in an F statistics extremely high which
makes me worry about something wrong, i.e. F=3289.
Do you have any clue about potential reasons driving this odd result?

Many thanks in advance for your help.