Re: st: AW: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...

From   Nick Winter <nwinter@virginia.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: AW: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...
Date   Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:37:46 -0400

At the risk of provoking flames - can someone articulate the reason *for* citing the statistical software used in a book or article, especially in the case where only very standard statistical tools are used? We don't, for example, generally cite the word processor, citation management software, and other computer tools used in the course of our research....

- Nick Winter