Re: st: AW: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...

From   Neil Shephard <>
Subject   Re: st: AW: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...
Date   Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:16:32 +0000

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Muenchen, Robert A (Bob)
<> wrote:
> That would be great if people used the standard citations. Some fields
> routinely don't mention software used and oddly enough articles in the R
> Journal do not cite R, as it's assumed that's what they're about.
> Someone on the R list found the standard citation misspelled a bunch of
> ways. Maddening!

Yep, I realise the limitations, but it was another angle that hadn't
been mentioned.

Personally I will endeavour to ensure that Stata, R or any other
software is correctly cited in any papers/work that I'm involved in.

"... no scientific worker has a fixed level of significance at which
from year to year, and in all circumstances, he rejects hypotheses; he
rather gives his mind to each particular case in the light of his
evidence and his ideas." - Sir Ronald A. Fisher (1956)

Email -
Website -
Photos -