st: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...

From   "Muenchen, Robert A (Bob)" <muenchen@utk.edu>
To   <r-help@r-project.org>, <SAS-L@listserv.uga.edu>, <SPSSX-L@listserv.uga.edu>, <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Popularity of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata...
Date   Sun, 20 Jun 2010 09:31:07 -0400

Hi All,

I've been fiddling around with various ways to estimate the popularity
of R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, JMP, Minitab, Statistica, Systat, BMDP, S-PLUS,
R-PLUS and Revolution R. It's not an easy task. You can see what I've
come up with so far at http://r4stats.com/popularity . I'm sure people
will have plenty of ideas on how to improve this, so please let me know
what you think.

Cheers,
Bob

  Bob Muenchen (pronounced Min'-chen), Manager
  Research Computing Support
  Voice: (865) 974-5230
  Email: muenchen@utk.edu
  Web:   http://oit.utk.edu/research,