This page contains only historical information and is not about the current
release of Stata.
Please see our Stata 14 page
for information on the current version of Stata.
Stata/MP takes advantage of your computer’s
multicore processors to perform its computations in parallel. Your commands
run faster; much faster. You can analyze data in one-half to two-thirds the
time on inexpensive dual-core desktops and laptops, in one-quarter to
one-half the time on quad-core desktops, and in even less time on
workstations and servers with up to 64 cores.
How much faster?
This much faster...
Quoted above are median speed-up factors.
Half the commands do better than the number
reported, and half do worse.
New in Stata/MP 12:
- New-to-Stata-12 estimation features are parallelized.
- More panel-data estimators are parallelized, and others are
- Improved parallelization of estimation commands with more than 300
- Improved performance. Performance has been enhanced on computers
with 16 or more cores through optimized tuning.
- Stata/MP now supports up to 64 cores.
To learn more about Stata/MP, see Stata/MP, From
dual-core laptops to big iron and see the
Stata/MP Performance Report (PDF).
No other statistical software even comes close.
Back to highlights
New in Stata 14
for more about what was added in Stata 14.