Re: st: theory reg vs. qreg

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: theory reg vs. qreg
Date   Tue, 30 Apr 2013 10:55:33 +0200

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM, Kasal Roman  wrote:
> "qreg" is appropriate even for symmetrical distribution (but a real
> data are not always perfect...almost never :) ) where it shows it's
> more robust.

You first need to define what you mean with robust before we can
answer that quesiton. This may sound silly, but within statistics the
term robust has many different meanings. The term "robust" is togehter
with "fixed effects" probably the most unfortunate example within
statistics where the same word is used for many different things,
leading to hopeless cases of miscommunication.

Having said that, Yuval has given you the same reference twice now, so
it would not be difficult to guess what his answer will be third time
around...

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
WZB