Re: st: IPF troubles

From   Tirthankar Chakravarty <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: IPF troubles
Date   Fri, 15 May 2009 16:27:47 +0100

I will try to figure out why it doesn't work for you. My output is below:

************************* Output ***********************************
. clear

. input str6 gender str8 party wgt

        gender      party        wgt
  1. male democrat 55
  2. male repub 65
  3. female democrat 50
  4. female repub 30
  5. end

. encode gender, gen(numgender)

. encode party, gen(numparty)

. ipf [fweight = wgt], fit(numgender + numparty)
Deleting all matrices......

Expansion of the various marginal models
marginal model 1 varlist :  numgender
marginal model 2 varlist :  numparty
unique varlist  numgender numparty

N.B.  structural/sampling zeroes may lead to an incorrect df
Residual degrees of freedom = 1
Number of parameters        = 3
Number of cells             = 4

Loglikelihood = 586.68180806674
Loglikelihood = 586.68180806674

Goodness of Fit Tests
---------------------
df = 1
Likelihood Ratio Statistic G² =   5.3875 p-value = 0.020
Pearson Statistic          X² =   5.3467 p-value = 0.021

By the by,  do:

. which ipf
c:\ado\plus\i\ipf.ado
*! Date    : 1 Nov 2006
*! Version : 1.38
*! Author  : Adrian Mander
*! Email   : [email protected]
*! Iterative proportional fitting in contingency tables