Re: st: Checking that -adoupdate- is OK

From   "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Checking that -adoupdate- is OK
Date   Sat, 21 Jan 2006 01:50:42 -0000 (GMT)

Richard Williams replied:

> I meant to uninstall the package that isn't working with adoupdate, e.g.
>
> ado uninstall clarify
>
> and then reinstall.  This seems to work when you keep getting the
> message that the file needs to be updated, even though you just
> updated it 10 seconds ago.  I don't know if it would work in this
> case.  It won't work if you just manually copied the files onto you
> hard disk and did not use net install or its variants.

This is precisely the problem: there is no package called -clarify- to
uninstall. Its component routines (-estsimp-, -setx- and -simqi-) were
downloaded to their respective a-z folders in C:/ado/plus (where they
ought to be), so it should be a routine thing to simply

. ado uninstall clarify.pkg

or

. ado uninstall estsimp

but every time, it returns

package not found
r(111);

Now, for whatever reason, there is no record of my copy of -clarify- in
stata.trk. I've no idea why. I'm going to keep searching for a one-shot
solution to this little local difficulty, but the odds are that I'm going
to have take them out manually: a pain, but at least it will work.

CLIVE NICHOLAS        |t: 0(044)7903 397793
Politics              |e: [email protected]
Newcastle University  |http://www.ncl.ac.uk/geps

Whereever you go and whatever you do, just remember this. No matter how
many like you, admire you, love you or adore you, the number of people
turning up to your funeral will be largely determined by local weather
conditions.