Re: st: Checking that -adoupdate- is OK

Subject   Re: st: Checking that -adoupdate- is OK
Date   Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:39:15 -0500

At 02:29 AM 1/20/2006, Clive Nicholas wrote:
Richard Williams replied:

[Hiya Rich! Hope you're well.]

> I have found that problems with adoupdate can sometimes be solved by
> uninstalling and then re-installing the package, so you might try
> that.  (Just make sure that the package can be re-installed or that
> you have a backup of its files.)

I have to fess up to trying to do something really dumb just now - I tried
to -ssc uninstall- it, forgetting that it was part of official Stata. How
I laughed.
I meant to uninstall the package that isn't working with adoupdate, e.g.

ado uninstall clarify

and then reinstall. This seems to work when you keep getting the message that the file needs to be updated, even though you just updated it 10 seconds ago. I don't know if it would work in this case. It won't work if you just manually copied the files onto you hard disk and did not use net install or its variants.

Yes, don't go uninstalling Stata itself for this!

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]