Re: st: New commands -dmout- and -pctrim-

From   Michael Barker <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: New commands -dmout- and -pctrim-
Date   Tue, 4 Feb 2014 16:17:25 -0500

Hi Amber,

You can use dmout if your outcome variables are 0/1. Then the mean of
that variable is equal to the proportion of the sample that is in that
group.

dmout produces results as if you used ttest. There is another command,
prtest, that is specifically for testing proportions. dmout does not
reproduce the results from prtest. But the results of those tests
should be similar, especially for large samples and proportions close
to 0.5.

Mike