st: How to combine ttest and regression estimates in one table

From   Evert Reins <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: How to combine ttest and regression estimates in one table
Date   Tue, 4 Feb 2014 22:52:45 +0100

Dear Stata List users,

I want to combine ttest and regression estimates in one table.

I am currently working on my bachelor thesis in economics. In this regard,
I conduct an analysis of the impact effects of "Job Corps" a program
implemented by the DOL, which helps young people to find access to the
labor market. Anyways, I am approaching the question, whether there is a
correlation between the earnings of participants in the program and the
economic situation in the state, where they live and work in. Therefore, I
so far generated a data set which yields information about the earnings and
state of residence, their belonging to the treatment (control)group (binary
variable 0/1), plus key indicators for the economy of the state (minimum
wage, unemployment rate, gdp growth rate...).

Now I want to generate a table which shows the ttest values for difference
in earnings for the treatment variable per participant (1st column) sorted
by state combined with the regression outcomes for each indicator,
regarding the earnings. To illustrate, it should look something like this:

State                   difference in earnings                   impact
of uenemployment rate               ....

Alabama              difference in dollars                      regression
coefficient (t-value)                ....

Alaska
-$152                                                    1.5677 (1.98)

Thanks for your consideration