Re: st: Interpretation of interaction term in log linear (non linear) model

From   Suryadipta Roy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Interpretation of interaction term in log linear (non linear) model
Date   Thu, 13 Jun 2013 15:23:35 -0400

Dear David,
Thank you very much for the wonderful suggestions! In the literature
that I am working on, some of the important papers have already being
applying Poisson maximum likelihood estimator to explain bilateral
import (to deal with the problem of zero trade in the whole sample),
and I am just following the tradition by applying it for my research
question here (with some interesting differences in the results
compared to the log-linear model). A couple of important works from
the ones that I have come across are, e.g. "The log of gravity" by
Santos Silva and Tenreryo (Review of Economics and Statistics, 2006),
and "Estimating the gravity model with gravity using panel data" by
Westerlund and Wilhelmsson (Applied Economics, 2011).

Best regards,
Suryadipta.