Re: st: Survival analysis - Inconstant event

From   "Miguel Angel Duran Munoz" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Survival analysis - Inconstant event
Date   Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:41:36 +0200 (CEST)

Thanks, Tamas, for your answer. I will try to make clear my point. It is
similar to what you mention about being married. To perform a survival
analysis, I want to classify companies in my dataset in terms of whether a
variable (X) (the capital ratio) is above or below a threshold (t).
Accordingly, I have two very clear categories: (i) agents for which X
becomes larger than t at a particular period and remains above t up to the
end of the sample period; (ii) agents for which X is never above t in the
whole sample period.

However, I do also have agents for which X is above t just for some
intermediate (or starting) periods of the sample. And my question is
whether this latter category of agents can be handled by Stata in a
survival analysis.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel.