Bookmark and Share

Notice: On April 23, 2014, Statalist moved from an email list to a forum, based at

Re: st: SPSS to STATA

From   Ronan Conroy <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: SPSS to STATA
Date   Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:33:16 +0100

On 2011 MFómh 7, at 12:45, Muhammad Anees wrote:

> SPSS provides directly converting data in the format which can be
> directly openned into STATA.

Health warning. One of our researchers came to grief with a Stata dataset generated by SPSS.

The problem was that a string variable was incorrectly identified as numeric.

When we used StatTransfer to convert the datafile, everything was fine, but the researcher had lost a couple of days trying to fix the problem.

StatTransfer won't break the budget, and it's invaluable.

Ronán Conroy
Associate Professor
Division of Population Health Sciences
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Beaux Lane House
Dublin 2

*   For searches and help try:

© Copyright 1996–2017 StataCorp LLC   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   Site index