Re: st: RE: RE: SPSS to STATA

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: SPSS to STATA
Date   Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:28:44 +0100

In addition,

1. If San K was misled by my wording "Stat/Transfer is software you
have to buy",  I meant "... if you want to use it". It is not
compulsory and it need not be essential.

2. On a different level, and for any who care, I urge that you not be
misled by those who write "a software", or something similar.
"Software" has always been a collective noun. Individual items of
software are programs, or whatever word makes most sense. The same
applies to "code". (Of course, languages change, but ....)

Nick