Re: st: tabstatmat question

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: tabstatmat question
Date   Fri, 2 Sep 2011 18:35:47 +0100

In addition to Austin's replies, do please note that he has already
replied to your main specific question here.

You can create matrices in Stata and you have already created one. But
the way you use it in a -generate- statement implies that it has a
completely different structure from what it has. Your idea that Stata
does, or could do, a kind of intelligent lookup to give you what you
want just won't work.

Nick