Re: st: tabstatmat question

Subject   Re: st: tabstatmat question
Date   Fri, 2 Sep 2011 13:32:10 -0400

Sergio <[email protected]> :
Sounds like my earlier suggestion
egen mby=mean(num_typ3), by(zone wave)
gets you there in one line.

If you have a dataset for "years past" then you can -merge zone wave-
onto this year's data.  Or -joinby zone wave-.

If you have panel data, see -by- and Nick Cox's tutorials on -by- e.g.
http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=pr0004

You can also use a matrix (and -tabstatmat-), if you can ensure that
the row numbers correspond to a variable on your data created by
-egen, group-, but that is substantially trickier.