Re: st: tabstatmat question

From   "Alvarez,Sergio" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: tabstatmat question
Date   Fri, 02 Sep 2011 10:42:00 -0400

Thanks Austin and Nick for your help. I used what Austin suggested (which is what Nick also suggested) and it worked. However, when I try to create the variable that contains the mean by group it works for some observations, but missing values are created for most of them. I tried both:

gen meancatch = TABLE[zone,wave]
and
gen meancatch = TABLE[byv,num_typ3]

For the first line of code, it creates the correct value for all observations where wave = 1, but not for any others. The second line creates missing values at random (as far as I can tell).

I'd appreciate any tips.

Sergio