st: RE: Re: problem with ivregress

From   Sinan Hastorun <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: problem with ivregress
Date   Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:33:54 -0500

I re-checked my results and saw that I am getting Prob and R-squared results reported for ivreg2, but none for ivregress. Is this normal?

With ivreg2 with 2 endogenous regressors and 6 instruments, I am getting:

IV (2SLS) estimation
--------------------

Estimates efficient for homoskedasticity only
Statistics consistent for homoskedasticity only

                                                      Number of obs =      408
                                                      F( 53,   355) =    47.34
                                                      Prob > F      =   0.0000
Total (centered) SS     =   .030501792                Centered R2   =   0.7419
Total (uncentered) SS   =  .0638233774                Uncentered R2 =   0.8766
Residual SS             =  .0078726654                Root MSE      =  .004393

With ivregress with 2 endogenous regressors and 6 instruments, I get:

Instrumental variables (2SLS) regression               Number of obs =     408
                                                       Wald chi2(53) =       .
                                                       Prob > chi2   =       .
                                                       R-squared     =       .
                                                       Root MSE      =  .00439