RE: st: Multistage sampling svyset

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Multistage sampling svyset
Date   Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:33:43 -0230

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the explanation on the addition of HH addition to the variance and why it's not needed.

We had a complete sampling frame of all the houses in the communities.  These are very small rural communities with roughly anywhere from 20-500 households.  Households were randomly selected from the frame for each community with number of households sampled in each community proportionate to it's size.  Once households were selected a member of the household who was eligible for the study (i.e. older than 16 years of age) was randomly selected from within the household.  We had complete information about all the members in each household.

James

--
Dr. James Valcour
Division of Community Health and Humanities