AW: st: formatted output

Subject   AW: st: formatted output
Date   Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:21:47 +0100

<>

" By **S I meant to refer to SAS, sometimes viewed as unmentionable
on this list."

Just call it "Some Alternative Software" then (NJC parlance)...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Jeph Herrin
Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Januar 2010 13:18
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: st: formatted output

Neil,

By **S I meant to refer to SAS, sometimes viewed as unmentionable
on this list.

I was an early and longtime user of TeX, typsetting my math PhD
dissertation and that of a few of my classmates, and still fire
up MikTex for some applications. So the LaTex learning curve shouldn't
be a barrier. What is a barrier is collaboration with others -
on some projects it would useful and others it would be an obstacle.
ODT I can at least convert to other formats that can be marked up,
but not **TeX. Hence my reluctance to go too far down that path.
Still, I will give it a look.

cheers,
Jeph