Re: st: xtmelogit calculation time

Subject   Re: st: xtmelogit calculation time
Date   Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:43:59 -0400

Emily Petherick <[email protected]> :
One way is to use the from() option (see help
xtmelogit##maximize_options and following discussion), like so:

webuse towerlondon, clear
set rmsg on
xi: xtmelogit dtlm difficulty i.group || family: || subject:
* above takes about 56 seconds
xi: xtmelogit dtlm difficulty i.group || subject:, laplace
mat b=e(b)
xi: xtmelogit dtlm difficulty i.group || family: || subject:, from(b)
* above takes about 55 seconds = 7.5 + 47.5

so you may see a small time savings, but it can make a big difference, too.