Re: st: xtmelogit calculation time

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtmelogit calculation time
Date   Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:47:03 -0400

You don't mention the number of observations and panels, but these
are at least as critical as the number of covariates and random
coefficients. -xtmelogit- will take a very long time to estimate
4 random coefficients if you do not have very many groups.

You may want to start with 1 random coefficient, and use the results
of that model as starting values for a model with 2 random coeffs,
and so on.

hth,
Jeph

Changwoo Lee wrote:
Hi all,
I'm using xtmelogit with 50 covariates including 4 random coefficients. Two days ago I ran it but I have only 'refining start values' on the screen. I don't know if Stata still work or not. If it still work, how much time should i wait for getting the results? Thanks in advance.