Re: st: Re: Saving 1 observation

Subject   Re: st: Re: Saving 1 observation
Date   Wed, 28 May 2008 23:59:59 -0400

I think your plan for -post- is what I would try. The best way to implement the idea may depend on how you plan on creating and using these files -- do you anticipate many files (thousands or more) created each time? Would it maybe be faster to post everything to one file, label it, and then pull apart that resulting file into single observations in a different way so that you are only doing each preserve/restore on a much smaller dataset?

Michael

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:00 PM
Subject: Re: st: Re: Saving 1 observation

Dear Michael,

thank you very much for your suggestions. Just as you wrote, the first
one saves about half the time needed and is a good improvement. The
second one is a bit complicated, since I don't immediately see how the
labels can be declared/saved with this approach.

So, I am thinking about saving the labels first with -label save-,
then dumping the data into several files with -post-, then open them
one-by-one and apply the saved labels and resave. Would that be the
fastest way to do it?

Thank you,
  Sergiy Radyakin