Re: st: RE: Accessing command line parameters

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Accessing command line parameters
Date   Thu, 14 Feb 2008 01:17:05 -0500

Hello Austin,

thank you for the support. The "command line switches" is just one
name out of many for the same thing: in Pascal and Delphi they are
called "Command line parameters" in C# "Command line arguments" and
there might be a dozen of other synonyms for them. This may also vary
by platform.

Your solution will work if the user can change the registry and is
willing to do this (which is not always the case). Also, after
resetting the file associations, Stata will again use "use" instead of
"myuse". Another problem is that someone may just go-by-the-book and
open files directly typing: stata use myfile.dta in which case your
program will never get control.

Anyways, by now I have written a program which tells me what those
command line parameters/switches/arguments were, when Stata was
launched, and I can decide (in a similar fashion as you suggest) how
much memory to reserve. So I am fine now.

Best regards,
         Sergiy