st: Accessing command line parameters

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Accessing command line parameters
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:31:46 -0500

Hello Statalisters,

I wonder if I can read the parameters that Stata receives when it is
launched. I want to automatically set memory (in the profile.do) to be
at least as big as necessary for the dataset that is being opened
(with a double-click in explorer/windows).

If it is possible, where does Stata store these command line parameters?

Thank you,
    Sergiy Radyakin

** this is what I see when I double-click a large file in Windows:

running C:\...\profile.do ...

. use C:\DataDir\MyDataset.DTA
no room to add more observations
    An attempt was made to increase the number of observations beyond
what is currently possible.  You have the following
    alternatives:

     1.  Store your variables more efficiently; see help compress.
(Think of Stata's data area as the area of a rectangle;
         Stata can trade off width and length.)

     2.  Drop some variables or observations; see help drop.

     3.  Increase the amount of memory allocated to the data area
using the set memory command; see help memory.
r(901);