Re: st: RE: Accessing command line parameters

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Accessing command line parameters
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:34:38 -0500

Thank you for your answer Nick. It was very helpful.

I am just a bit puzzled, since when command line parameters became
proprietary secret of Stata Corp??? Every DOS/Windows program may have
command line parameters, and it is me, myself or I who is going to
supply them.  The only question here is whether these parameters are
made accessible within Stata for .ado programmers or not?

You may or may not know the answer. I don't care. I know nothing about
"Moran's I", which was discussed today, but I don't feel it is correct
to kick people off the forum just because they ask questions that you
don't know the answer to. Leave them for someone who knows the answer.

Your statement about "undocumented-ness" is at least strange. Why
would I ask about the things, which are described in the manual? I can
just read the manual.

Anyways, in lite of my original question, you could have pointed to an
article by Chinh  Nguyen, StataCorp, where it is described how to tell
Stata to set memory size before attempting to load the file WITH THE
COMMAND LINE PARAMETERS. Too bad you haven't read it.

Regards,
   Sergiy