Re: st: RE: AW: RE: trs file

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: AW: RE: trs file
Date   Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:17:55 +0100

Thanks a lot for your comment. I used the command hexdump and it's function very well, another way is to open the file in Unix with command more.
Thanks again.

Quoting Nick Cox <[email protected]>:

In addition, the official command -hexdump- can be very useful for
peeking at a file. Even if a file is binary and in some proprietary
format, the first few bytes often include informative text strings. A
real case some months again on this list revealed that a mystery file
was in fact some antediluvian data file for some persons' statistical
software, if I recall correctly.

Martin Weiss

Quite often it is possible to open unknown file types with text editors
and
save them as plain .txt-files which are easily read by Stata with the
File-Import Commands. I have yet to encounter a case where I could not
open
a file by resorting to anything other than a text editor... But then
again,
my experience may be limited...

Martyn Sherriff

According to http://www.cybertechhelp.com/fileextensions/ it is a
Micrografx
executable file so presumably you will need a copy of that.

[email protected]

Do you know as to open a file with extension trs? there are data
inside, but I don't know a programme to open this file.

Catia Nicodemo