st: Multiplicative Functions in Stata

From   Justin Hustrulid <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Multiplicative Functions in Stata
Date   Fri, 29 Nov 2013 18:57:47 -0800

Hello,

I have a damage abatement model I've seen in an article that I'm trying to
replicate, but I'm not quite sure how to input it into Stata.  I'm using
Stata 12 SE for Windows.

Here's the function:

Y=F(Z)G(X)

Y=(a+X^b+Y^c+Z^d)[1+exp(u-sum(siTi)-nM)]^(-1)

I hope its clear, as I had to retype it since the original was in html.
X,Y, Z, T, and M are independent variables, while the lower case letters
are parameters to be estimated.  i is an index, but I can't get it to be
subscript without statalist bouncing the email back to me.  The first part
is a straightforward log-log Cobb-Douglass function, but
I'm not sure how to do the part in brackets or how to multiply them
together to get Y.  I'm also unsure of whether both parts are done at the
same time or in separate regressions.  The article says the G(X) part is
logistic.  I'm fairly new to Stata and econometrics in general so any help
in making this regression work would be greatly appreciated.  I hope I can
learn a lot from statalist.

Thanks,
Justin