Re: st: Transformation of variable with pos/neg values via asinh

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Transformation of variable with pos/neg values via asinh
Date   Tue, 19 Nov 2013 12:37:46 +0000

Nothing depends on my one-off terminology. Perhaps "inputs" and
"outputs" capture my meaning better.

The leading examples I know of for cube roots are

volumes go to lengths

and

gammas go to Gaussians (to a good approximation; "Wilson-Hilferty" is
a known incantation here)

and everything else is a matter of "if it helps".