Re: st: Transformation of variable with pos/neg values via asinh

From   Steven Delbright <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Transformation of variable with pos/neg values via asinh
Date   Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:21:21 -0600

Dear Austin:

Thanks so much for the quick response! I indeed struggle with a
"wealth" dependent variable (CEO wealth to be exact). Do you have some
sample citations for academic work transforming wealth variables (not
necessarily in management but also other fields).

Also, I found your comment regarding using a different link. I never
considered this option before but always transformed my DV. What link
would I use for untransformed wealth variables with fat tails?

Thanks much!
Steven