Re: st: Features for Stata 14

From   Nicole Boyle <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Features for Stata 14
Date   Tue, 3 Sep 2013 11:54:46 -0700

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Phil Schumm <[email protected]> wrote:
> First, Stata 13 for OS X does have code folding.

FANTASTIC. Very good to hear.

>For example, TextMate (together with the Stata bundle) provides all of the features you describe above (and more).

I'll look into TextMate with the Stata bundle, but I'd rather not have
to resort to using user-written bundles, whose functionality and
ongoing synchronicity with Stata updates and installed ados ultimately
depends on my own [sorely lacking] programming skills.

Like László mentioned:
>>There are locked down Stata installations when users
>> cannot easily get the text editor they like. If I bargained for Stata
>> on a server, it would be nice I didn't need to fight with IT for an
>> extra text editor necessarily.

Plus, given the cryptic nature of Stata's error messages, I'd rather
not have to consider my text editor as yet another possible cause of
any errors.

Nicole