Re: st: Features for Stata 14

From   Nicole Boyle <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Features for Stata 14
Date   Tue, 3 Sep 2013 10:42:23 -0700

I don't think these were incorporated in either Stata 12 or 13 (at
least for the Mac)...

(1)  Do-file editor improvements, including:

-Consistent indentation of wrapped lines

-Code folding (currently, I think this might be available only to
Stata for Windows)

-Autosuggestion/autofill options (for variable names and commands...
this would not only greatly speed up initial code writing, but would
also help prevent needless spelling errors that slow down code
execution)

-Multiple selection edits (hard to explain, but Sublime Text has this
and it looks useful)

(2) Other general suggestions:

-Allow for "undo" (Command/Control + Z) and "redo" edits of code
written in the command line (remarkably unavailable in Stata 12 for
Mac)

-More functionality via keyboard shortcuts (for instance, I still
can't break code execution from the keyboard on Stata 12 for Mac)

-Translate actions made in the Graph Editor environment to actual code
in the Results window (this type of translation from click-to-code is
already conducted in Stata when commands are executed from drop down
menus)

Nicole