RE: Re: st: PSM: Balance diagnostics using the empirical sampling distribution of the standardized difference

From   "Radwin, David" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Re: st: PSM: Balance diagnostics using the empirical sampling distribution of the standardized difference
Date   Thu, 15 Aug 2013 15:10:28 -0400

To clarify, -pstest- (part of -psmatch2-, Leuven and Sianesi, SSC) does use t-tests.

An objection to t-tests as a measure of balance in matching is articulated in section 7.2 of

Imai, K., King, G., & Stuart, E. A. (2008). Misunderstandings between experimentalists and observationalists about causal inference. Journal of the royal statistical society: series A (statistics in society), 171(2), 481-502. http://imai.princeton.edu/research/files/matchse.pdf

David

--
David Radwin
Senior Research Associate