RE: Re: st: PSM: Balance diagnostics using the empirical sampling distribution of the standardized difference

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: Re: st: PSM: Balance diagnostics using the empirical sampling distribution of the standardized difference
Date   Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:01:32 -0400

A correction and some additions:

-ebalance- (http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/e) is not for checking balance.
It is a program that uses an entropy weighting approach to achieve balance
in covariates.

-pstest- (http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/p) is a post-estimation command
that comes part of the -psmatch2- program

-imbalance- (http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/c) is a post-estimation
command that comes part of the -cem- program

Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 08:42:54 -0400
From: Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: st: PSM: Balance diagnostics using the empirical sampling
distribution of the standardized difference

there are at least 3 user-written routines that might be related to this
article; use -findit- to find and install these

ebalance
pbalchk
mpbalchk (version of preceding for MI data)

in addition for those using -cem- for matching, there are routines from
the -cem- authors also

Rich

On 8/14/13 8:31 AM, Lukas Borkowski wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> based on this statalist post
(http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2013-01/msg00516.html) I have read
Austin, P.C. (2009) on how to check the balancing properties of the
covariates between matched treated and untreated observations after PSM
using the empirical sampling distribution of the standardized difference as
alternative to t-tests. I was wondering whether there is a Stata command
(user-written or else) to run this approach? My search was not successful.

> Best, Lukas
>
> Austin, P.C., 2009. Balance diagnostics for comparing the distribution of
baseline covariates between treatment groups in propensity-score matched
samples. Statistics in Medicine, 28(25), pp.3083-3107.