RE: st: RE: How to overlay four Cox survival curves in one graph

From   Tim Evans <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: How to overlay four Cox survival curves in one graph
Date   Fri, 19 Apr 2013 09:56:07 +0100

Agnes,

This might not be the most eloquent option, but this is how I thought you might combine your two models onto one graph (mostly borrowed from http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2004-04/msg00139.html - there are more examples on this thread):

clear
sysuse cancer
drop if drug==3
qui stset st,failure(di)
sum age
gen meanage=age-r(mean)
stcox drug, basesurv(baseline_drug) strata(drug) nolog
gen s1=baseline_drug if drug==1
label var s1 "Placebo"
gen s2=baseline_drug if drug==2
label var s2 "Drug X"
stcox meanage,  basesurv(baseline_age) strata(drug) nolog
gen s3=baseline_age if drug==1
label var s3 "Placebo_1"
gen s4=baseline_age if drug==2
label var s4 "Drug X_1"

sort _t
twoway line s1 _t, connect(stairstep) || /*
*/  line s2 _t, connect(stairstep) || /*
*/ line s3 _t, connect(stairstep) || /*
*/ line s4 _t, connect(stairstep) ||, /*
*/ legend(rows(1)) title("Survival at average age")/*
*/ xtitle("analysis time")

Best wishes

Tim