Re: st: xtlogit: panel data transformation's recast to double makes model incomputable

From   Tom <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtlogit: panel data transformation's recast to double makes model incomputable
Date   Tue, 2 Apr 2013 21:14:37 +0200

Hi Jay,

Per request these are the results of the "offending IVs" alone:

1) clogit depc_gpf30 close_g100, group(ticker_id) gradient hessian
trace showstep showtolerance
http://pastebin.com/cMx7sCm6

2) clogit depc_gpf30 close_g120, group(ticker_id) gradient hessian
trace showstep showtolerance
http://pastebin.com/xgcud5QF

3) clogit depc_gpf30 close_g30, group(ticker_id) gradient hessian
trace showstep showtolerance
http://pastebin.com/d22GhCVF

These also include the gradient, hessian and showtolerance options.

This is real price data, I also verified it several times. There
appear to be no mistakes in the data.

Do you have an explanation why close_g100 would fail whereas close_g30
does not? If you look at the summary statistics you'll see that the
close_g30 variable and close_g5 etc. are actually much more skewed and
have higher variations.

About the "bad answer", I don't think the answers given with the
xtdate nodouble option were that bad, because the predictions were
correct a considerable amount of times.

If any more information is needed please ask.. I'm very much willing
to solve this situation.

Tom