RE: st: could it be a bug in odbc??

From   tashi lama <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: could it be a bug in odbc??
Date   Thu, 30 Aug 2012 16:35:25 +0000

Here is a post somewhat similar in the archive

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-01/msg00377.html

If odbc indeed is adding some black characters while converting string as the post reads, and if string exceeds its limitation, stata doesn't skip strings. It truncates. Is that not right?

Thanks