RE: st: could it be a bug in odbc??

From   tashi lama <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: could it be a bug in odbc??
Date   Thu, 30 Aug 2012 14:24:10 +0000

Yes, I have asked this question to stata technical support too and waiting for response. I thought may be someone here might have encountered similar problem. I will try to be exact here running same query and generating table in unix and windows.
In Unix
 .odbc desc readership  //describing the table readership
DataSource: indigo (query)
Table:      readership (load)
Variable Name                               Variable Type
readership_id                               bigint unsigned
source_id                                   integer unsigned
source_doc_id                               integer unsigned
doc_title                                   varchar
publish_date                                date
firm_id                                     integer unsigned
user_id                                     integer unsigned
doc_id                                      varchar
destination_id                              integer
doc_id_type                                 smallint unsigned
read_date                                   datetime
type                                        smallint
is_internal                                 tinyint
is_mobile                                   tinyint
. odbc load, exec("select * from readership limit 2") // query to yield 3 rows of each column
note: doc_title is of a type not supported in Stata; skipped
note: doc_id is of a type not supported in Stata; skipped

. list
 reader~d   sou~e_id   sou~c_id   publis~e   firm_id   user_id   destin~d   doc_id~e   read_date   type   is_int~l   is_mob~e |
     |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  1. |        1       9841      52778      17576     27662     10731          7          1   1.519e+12      3          0          0 |
  2. |        2       9841      52778      17576     23911     90881         32          1   1.519e+12      3          0          0 |

odbc skips doc_title and doc_id. While running in windows, odbc doesn't skip any columns like following

In Windows
. odbc load, exec("select * from readership limit 2")
. list
     | reader~d   sou~e_id   sou~c_id                    doc_title   publish~e   firm_id   user_id   doc_id   destin~d   doc_id~e            read_date   type   is_int~l   is_mob~e|
  1. |        1       9841      52778   Dong Testing Java Sellside   14feb2008     27662     10731    DUMMY          7          1   15feb2008 00:00:00      3          0      0|
  2. |        2       9841      52778   Dong Testing Java Sellside   14feb2008     23911     90881    DUMMY         32          1   15feb2008 00:00:00      3          0      0 |

Any ideas? Thanks and please let me know if I could be any clearer.