RE: st: MI mvn with categorical data

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: MI mvn with categorical data
Date   Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:01:38 -0400

Andrea,You know, a response that suggests you use a different procedure should not be seen as a criticism that needs to be rebutted. People are genuinely trying to help you find the most appropriate method. And you have no way of knowing for sure that the MVN assumption actually works in your case (e.g., this isn't a simulation where you actually know the missing values), so it would be prudent to go with the method specifically designed to handle the mixed mode case. Cam