st: visualization?

Subject   st: visualization?
Date   Fri, 30 Sep 2011 08:56:30 -0500

There was an interesting question on data visualization on
Stats.StackExchange (http://stats.stackexchange.com/q/13148/5739):
what are the efficient strategies for tweaking scatterplots depending
on the data needs? Too much data make it clogged, too little data such
as ordinal make it too chunky, too skewed data makes it sit in one
corner, and there are a multitude of other things that needs to be
adjusted to make the display really informative.

I would be especially curious to hear from Nick Cox and Michael
Mitchell, I guess, as the greatest contributors to Stata graphics (and
of course Vince V, but I don't think I've seen him on the list for a
while).