Re: st: Integer values in Stata

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Integer values in Stata
Date   Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:10:47 +0100

-int(end)- is not a true or false test of whether its argument is
integer. Rather it rounds towards zero, and the result is an integer:
if that result is non-zero if it is treated as true. That explains why
you got what you did.

keep if end == int(end)

is one way of selecting integers as values that are already integers
are unchanged by the function.

A similar example is already included in my talk for the London users'
meeting on functions.

Nick